Monday, March 04, 2013

Crocheted Coffee Press Cozy {Free Pattern!}

I gave up on my coffee press a couple years ago... the coffee would never stay warm enough by the time I got to the last cup!  French press cozy to the rescue...



I was inspired by Alyssa at Hands Always Creating and all the mug cozies she has been making lately.  My friend Stephanie recently taught me to crochet (I've been a knitter for years) and I love it!  I kind of made the pattern up as I went.  I added some ribbing for a little interest, but you can do straight double crochet for the entire thing if you want.


Crocheted French Press Cozy Pattern

What you'll need:  2 skeins sport or worsted weight yarn
(I used contrasting colors)
Size M (or similar) crochet hook
2 medium or large buttons
needle and thread

Let's get started!
Using 2 strands of yarn (you will use both strands for entire pattern), chain 16
Row 1:  Skip 2 chains and DC for rest of row (14 sts)
Row 2:  Chain 3.  DC in first st and each st after to end of row.  Turn (14 sts)
Rows 3-12:  Same as row 2
***I added a little ribbing in next few rows... you can continue with a regular DC if you want through the end of the body of the pattern (rows 13 - 23)***
Row 13:  Chain 3.  FPDC in first st and each st until end of row.  Turn (14 sts)
Rows 14 - 18:  Same as row 13
Rows 19-23:  Same as row 2
Tab:
Row 24:  Chain 3.  DC in first st and next 2 sts.  Turn (4 sts)
Rows 25-26:  Same as row 24.
Bind off
Other Tab:
Row 27:  Join yarn at other end of row 23 with a sl st.  Chain 3.  DC in first st and next 2 sts.  Turn (4 sts)
Rows 28-29:  Same as row 24.
Bind off and weave in edges.

Sew a button to the 3rd st of row 2 and another button to the 12th st of row 2 (or you can place your buttons wherever works best for your coffee press).

Wrap cozy around your press and button through one of the sts in each tab with the needle and thread.

Let me know if you decide to make one!  Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,
Jamie

This post is linked here:  Today's Creative Blog Blue Cricket Design Kurtz Corner Mommy by Day Crafter by Night Cherished Bliss Lines Across My Face Southern Lovely Bear Rabbit Bear French Country Cottage Craft Junkie Too DIY Home Sweet Home Saved by Love Domestically Speaking Funky Junk Interiors Homemaker on a Dime Eisy Morgan The Answer is Chocolate Making the World Cuter Craft-O-Maniac lolly jane 504 Main I Heart Naptime Singing Three Little Birds mad in crafts House of Hepworths Somewhat Simple Chic on a Shoestring Keeping it Simple Be Different Act Normal Sew Can Do Sew Chatty Pinkapotamus The Girl Creative Flamingo Toes Tatertots and Jello Sisters of the Wild West Reasons to Skip the Housework Giggles Glitz and Glam Tip JunkieThe Trendy Treehouse Ladybug Blessings Night Owl Crafting Tea Rose Home My Girlish Whims Allie Makes Gluesticks Thrifty 101 Momnivores Dilemma A Little Knick Knack Miss Mustard Seed Freckled Laundry kojo designs A vision to remember Primitive and Proper 733 Rook no 17 Home Stories A to Z Naptime Crafters Whipperberry delightful order blissful and domestic elizabeth and co diy by design gingersnap crafts>my repurposed life

22 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Very creative too. But you are right, coffee presses get so hot. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely!!! Love the colors of yarn! Thanks so much for sharing pattern! Would love to have you visit me sometime.
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  3. ان الخزانات من اكثر الاشياء التي يجب الاهتمام بها ومتابعتها والحرص علي نظافتها ,لذلك فان عزل الخزانات يساعد بشكل كبير في التخلص من مسببات تلف الخزانات وعدم تأثر المياه بدرجة الحرارة واشعة الشمس. حيث تحافظ علي صحة وسلامة السكان من التلوث الذي يحدث نتيجة الصدأ او البكتيريا المتكونة بسبب عدم غسل الخزانات بإستمرار , لذلك يجب عليك عزل الخزانات حفاظا علي صحتك وصحة افراد عائلتك , وشركتنا تتخصص في عزل الخزانات بأفضل واحدث الطرق والتي نضمن من خلالها امان تام للمياه ,وحيث نستخدم مواد آمنة جدا بحيث لا تتأثر بوجود المياه حولها.
    شركة عزل خزانات بتبوك

    انتشار الحشرات بالمنزل يتسبب لنا عميلنا العزيز في الكثير من الأضرار؛ لذلك يكون التخلص منها أمر ضرروي للغاية، ويجب السعي له بكل الطرق، ونحاول استخدام كل الطرق والمبيدات الحشرية للتخلص من الحشرات المنتشرة داخل المنزل، ولكن في الكثير لا نصل لنتائج مرضية لنا، لذلك تقدم شركة مكافحة حشرات بتبوك افضل الخدمات باقل الاسعار
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بتبوك
    يعاني كثير من السيدات في أثناء تنظيف المنزل من ضيق الوقت وعدم كفايته للانتهاء من تنظيف المنزل بسرعة وبشكل كامل، ويبحثن عن طرق للقيام بالمهام بسرعة أكبر للتغلب على هذه المشكلة
    شركة منزل الشموخ لتقديم خدمات التنظيف بارخص الاسعار وبعاملة مدربة، فنحن افضل شركة من خلال تخفيض الأسعار وليس تخفيض الاسعار فقط ولكن الجوده والخامه والحصول علي افضل نتائج حتي نبني سمعة طيبة عن شركتنا من خلال عملنا فقط لأننا رواد في مجالنا
    شركة تنظيف بتبوك

    ReplyDelete
  4. สล็อตออนไลน์If more people that write articles really concerned themselves with writing great content like you, more readers would be interested in their writings. Thank you for caring about your content.

    ReplyDelete
  5. สล็อตแตกง่ายI admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. บา คา ร่า วอ เลทTook me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  7. สล็อตเว็บใหญ่Thanks for another wonderful post. Where else could anybody get that type of info in such an ideal way of writing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. สล็อต ฝาก-ถอน true wallet ไม่มี บัญชีธนาคารI am continually amazed by the amount of information available on this subject. What you presented was well researched and well worded in order to get your stand on this across to all your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. บาคาร่าวอเลทhowdy, your websites are really good. I appreciate your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. สล็อตทรูวอเลทYou delivered such an impressive piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain information. Thanks for sharing such information with us due to which my several concepts have been cleared.

    ReplyDelete
  11. สล็อตแตกง่ายYou have performed a great job on this article. It’s very precise and highly qualitative. You have even managed to make it readable and easy to read. You have some real writing talent. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. สล็อตxoHello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. เว็บสล็อตVery informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  14. เว็บสล็อตเว็บตรงThis is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.

    ReplyDelete
  15. เว็บตรงสล็อตExcellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. เว็บ ตรงA very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. เกมสล็อตWow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. สล็อต เว็บ ตรงTook me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your feedback! Leave a comment and I will write you back (as long as your settings include your email address). Thanks for the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...