Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Soccer Bulletin Board

My nephew is a soccer fanatic, so I wanted to make him something soccer related that's useful for his room.  I came up with this idea for a bulletin board.  I have to be honest... it looked a lot cooler in my brain.  Ever have one of those projects?

Anyway, here's how I did it.
Supplies:
9 circle-shaped cork trivets (from IKEA)
fabric
glue gun
staple gun
ribbon
1 piece of foam core
scissors

I started out by covering each of the trivets with fabric
I cut out a circle about 3" in diameter bigger than the cork circle

Then I cut little snips in the fabric so it wouldn't get too bunchy when I was gluing them.  Cut your snips to be a little over an inch each

 Now start gluing with your glue gun
Glue each little tab up onto the back of the cork circle.  Keep going till you have all the tabs glued!

Do this to all of your circles.  Then you're ready to attach them to one another.  This is what I tried

Using ribbon and a staple gun to hold it all together.  Genius, right?  NOT!
Um, no.  This is what it looked like when I tried hanging it.  Definitely not what I had in my head when I embarked upon this lovely project.
Back to the drawing board.  I enlisted the help of some friendly foam core to save the day.
Cut a square of it
Glued it to the back of the hot mess
And called it a day.

Not exactly what I had in mind, but better than the sad, sorry, droopy group of circles it was before.  I'll chalk this one up as a partial fail.  We'll see what nephew has to say about it!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I'll be linking up at a bunch of these parties.
Blessings,
Jamie

This post is featured here:
Sweet Tea Serendipity Fabulousity Fridays

16 comments:

  1. great bulliten board.. Thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why coudn't you use different fabrics to fit your decor and use it in the bedroom to hang jewelry on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I hope you will stop by and share at my party! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this! Girl...I've been there where the project was kind of a pain, but this REALLY turned out GREAT! How neat! My son would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Great job, and yes I have had projects that look good in my head and then dont turn out that way. LOL
    We would love for you to share this at our link party, Crafty Lassie Tuesday. It ends tonight at 5pm.
    www.sewstylishboutique.blogspot.com
    We are having a giveaway! Hope to see you there :)
    Heather & Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smart girl, using that panel on the back! I love this project!
    You've made a follower out of me!
    Best,
    Rikka J.
    Ricochet and Away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea...it could be used in so many different ways! Thanks for linking up with us!

    Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it! But I know what you mean about looking cooler in your head :) I have many projects like that! He's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cool!!! You are a wonderful aunt and it is NOT a partial fail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a neat idea! Come on over and link up to Scrappy Saturdays at candacecreations.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool!

    Feel free to link up your Soccer Board to my new Make Yourself Blog Hop!

    -Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  12. soooo fun! thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've been featured on Fabulousity Friday at Sweet Tea Serendipity. Come check out the post & pick up your award: http://sweetteaserendipity.blogspot.com/2011/09/fabulousity-friday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ever wondered how to lucid dream? We have the solution at http://luciddreaming.
    top-information.net
    Look at my homepage - katsosclan.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your feedback! Leave a comment and I will write you back (as long as your settings include your email address). Thanks for the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...