Thursday, December 08, 2011

Golden Birds

Once I changed out our Christmas tree skirt, everything else on the tree looked jacked up.  Little by little I'm trying to change a few things...
These birds just got upgraded.

They used to look like this

so I sprayed them with gold spray paint

Much better, right?

That is, unless you are a St. Louis Cardinals fan.  I originally bought all the birds as a nod to my dear husband's favorite team.  Sorry babe, the red birds just weren't cutting it anymore!  I did leave a few red just because the kids love cardinals.

Thanks for stopping by!  Let me know what you think of my "new" blinged-out birds!
Blessings,
Jamie
Pin It

This post is linked here:  Today's Creative Blog Blue Cricket Design Kurtz Corner Mommy by Day Crafter by Night Cherished Bliss Lines Across My Face Southern Lovely Bear Rabbit Bear French Country Cottage Craft Junkie Too DIY Home Sweet Home Saved by Love Domestically Speaking Funky Junk Interiors Homemaker on a Dime Eisy Morgan The Answer is Chocolate Making the World Cuter Craft-O-Maniac lolly jane 504 Main I Heart Naptime Singing Three Little Birds mad in crafts House of Hepworths Somewhat Simple Chic on a Shoestring Keeping it Simple Be Different Act Normal Sew Can Do Sew Chatty Pinkapotamus The Girl Creative Flamingo Toes Tatertots and Jello Sisters of the Wild West Reasons to Skip the Housework Giggles Glitz and Glam Tip JunkieThe Trendy Treehouse Ladybug Blessings Night Owl Crafting Tea Rose Home My Girlish Whims Allie Makes Gluesticks Thrifty 101 Momnivores Dilemma A Little Knick Knack Miss Mustard Seed Freckled Laundry kojo designs A vision to remember Primitive and Proper 733 Rook no 17 Home Stories A to Z
Naptime Crafters Whipperberry delightful order
The DIY Club

18 comments:

  1. these are so cute and fun!!! i never would have thought of it but it is so easy even i can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the gold birds. What paint did you use? My dad's a Cards fan. I told him about the birds for your husband and now he's asking my mom why they don't have any on their tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the gold birds! they look very regal!


    just stopped by to let you know that I featured your marshmallow tree today!
    Christmas Carnival linky features
    Thanks for linking up to our Christmas Carnival Linky! Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  4. At sometime Jamie everything needs a little freshen up. Personally I adore the gold finish on the birds.

    I'd love it if you could link this project up with my Simply Christmas Inspiration party at
    http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/12/inspiration-friday_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it! They are gorgeous all decked out in gold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they look great! Other colors might be nice too. Thanks for the idea.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Much better indeed! I love the quick update you gave them with gold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow. red is my favorite color, but I have to admit that these look chic in gold.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one! Wouldn't have occurred to me. I feel a new project coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I generally spray paint everything in sight, but I actually used the red birds I had and had my sister make nests from strips of paper spray painted gold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jamie, the gilded birds are so lovely!

    Thanks so much for linking up to "A Little Birdie Told Me...", my friend! Just a reminder that leaving a comment on the post this week gives you an automatic entry into my Wednesday night drawing for the $25 GC to the Hodgson Mill online store.

    Warmest wishes and happy holidays,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blinged out birds...I'm headed to the dollar tree to get some I saw there today, but I passed em' by...Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word, I am in love with what you did here!!! LOVE THEM! I love the female cardinal, she's my favorite, but this year I found some male cardinal xmas tree lights at the Goodwill for 2.99 for two packs!!! I adore them, I just posted pics of them today on my blog...
    thank you for sharing this, it's super neat idea,
    coming over from eisy, and I'm glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jamie,

    Thank you so much for being a part of the holiday spirit at Rook No. 17 last Tuesday. Can't wait to see what you have to share today!

    Warmest wishes,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  15. The power of spray paint! Love it! Those birds look great with their makeover. And I love the ruffled tree skirt and plan to make one of my own. Thanks for the tutorial. ~~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing. visit our website and download lulubox pro 64
    regards
    beembuilds

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your feedback! Leave a comment and I will write you back (as long as your settings include your email address). Thanks for the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...