Saturday, December 31, 2011

K-Cup Storage

We got a Keurig for Christmas!  I had no idea I even wanted one, that is, until I went to a "favorite things" party with all the preschool moms from my son's school.  Seriously, I thought these women were in a cult or something the way they spoke of this machine.  I thought to myself, "Really people?  It's a coffee machine.  Get over it."  But seriously, it is that awesome.  I'm all cult-y now about it and I want to tell the world.

One of my original issues with the Keurig was the K-cup.  I saw it as expensive, wasteful and bad for the environment.  Then my mom showed me that the Keurig comes with this! 
You can put your own coffee in this thing!  Yay!  And if you're running low on time or just feelin' lazy, you can pop in a disposable K-cup.  Who am I kidding?  We've only used that my K-cup coffee filter thing a handful of times so far.  My parents got us a plethora of pinatas Starbucks and Italian Roast K-cups so we are using them like they're going out of style.

Anyway, I'm not fond of that rotating wire K-cup holder.  We just don't have the counter space in our kitchen and there is something about it that irks me.  I wanted the cups on the counter, near the Keurig, so that we could grab one quickly if we wanted it.  So I pulled out the trusty ice bucket!
Yes?  I don't know if you like it, but I love it.  It was making me angry that we registered for this beautiful stainless ice bucket for our wedding and it was collecting dust in our cupboard (obviously I anger easily).  Now it's a K-bucket and it makes me happy.

Or you could put them in a glass canister or apothocary jar... those K-cups are cuties so put them on display!

Thanks for stopping by and listening to me babble about my fav Christmas present.  My parents rocked it this year... maybe even better than the year they got me the 10-speed bike for Christmas.  Have a safe and happy New Year everyone!
Blessings,
Jamie

22 comments:

  1. I just bought a Keurig and am glad to hear that you like yours so much. I put my k-cups in a basket in our pantry but my copy your cute ice bucket idea. I have a silver one similar to yours that would be perfect.

    I'm stopping by from Amy's Saturday 7 party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a Keurig for Christmas too, and I love it! Thanks for the storage idea! Luckily, I have my Keurig sitting next to my cabinet, so I just stick my boxes next to it. I'm like you...those wire things annoy me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not ever used a Keurig, but my sister has one. She also raves about it and I was secretly thinking she was in a coffee cult, lol! I will have to give hers a try for myself to see what it's all about :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a Keurig but got to use one when I worked away from home for a month. It makes coffee SO fast! I like your chic storage solutions.

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE my Keurig!! I use my refillable filter thing five or six times a day. I ended up getting extra filters so I could dump one in the sink and stick a new one right in. The cost of the k-cup is key but also I like to be able to use my own coffee in the machine. Nice look on the stainless though. Classy :-)

    Coffee is my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love my Keurig !! I use a glass jar to store mine in but I like the Stainless look too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable ! I just got a Keurig for Christmas. I would love for you to share your ideas for the K-cups at my new link party, Some Good Stuff: http://some-good-times.blogspot.com/2012/01/some-good-stuff-1.html

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter has a Keurig and absolutely loves it. Unfortunately, it recently quit working, at a little over a year old.

    Thankfully she had sent in her warranty information,so she called Keurig about it just this morning. She was thrilled to find out that they are replacing the entire machine for her, entirely free.

    Enjoy your Keurig and send in that warranty card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, same here. I got one LAST Christmas and it has broken twice. I have heard this is very common. I called and they talked me through a fix, but then it stopped working again a month later. I need to call and hopefully they will send me a new one. I really love the convenience. This breakage problem though is so common, if you go on You Tube you will see tons of videos about how to "fix" it (they are funny).

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a cute idea. We also just got a Keurig and I just keep all of the K-cups in the box in the cupboard. I knew I wouldn't have room for the wire holder, so I didn't even buy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't Keurigs fun? We got one for our wedding - it's so nice to have. I stopped using it for a while (because the K cups can get expensive) but I recently just started using it again. I figure that it's a small price to pay for a good cup of coffee - and cheaper than Starbucks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't know you could put your own coffee in them...oh wow that changes things! Thanks for the tip of storage!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jamie, Saw your post on R2SkipHouswrk and had to comment. We got one for Christmas and we already LOVE ours too! I still have my K cups in the box and was wondering what to do. I like your ideas! Love the ice bucket storage!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like an awesome Christmas gift. I love the storage idea. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you LOVE your Keurig then you will adore the Milk Frother! It's like you will never want to go to starbucks AGAIN!!! Cute storage idea. XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I keep mine in a vintage Tom's Peanuts glass jar next to my Keurig. Fits in perfectly with my vintage decor and keeps my cups super handy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the apothecary jar idea...I do just got a Keurig but hate the idea of the carousel. I have a few boxes of K-cups in one of my cabinets but I love your idea! I bet we all have some container around the house we can use. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh and i got the "ecko cup" off amazon for brewing my own coffee. love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. soooo with you on the whole cult thing and then i bought one for my husband and i am head of this families cult!!! but i too hated the holder love your ice bucket idea... i have a cute basket from homegoods that makes me happy!! have a happy new year and happy coffee making!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jamie, I love the way you're storing your cups in the elegant ice bucket, and I'm intrigued by the Keurig. I may just have to give one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a great idea! I LOVE my Keurig! Best. Machine. Ever. I love the ice bucket idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your feedback! Leave a comment and I will write you back (as long as your settings include your email address). Thanks for the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...