Friday, December 02, 2011

Thankful Chain Christmas Garland

We started this "Christmas thankful chain" on Thanksgiving day

We each came up with a few things we were thankful for and wrote them on a link.  We try to add a few each day.

I love looking at some of the things the kids have come up with ... a few of my favorites are "babydolls", "Star Wars toys" and "hot chocolate".

I enjoy adding to this everyday  throughout the season... I'm hoping it will swoop all the way around the room by the New Year!

I'm finding this to be a really nice reminder of all the things we are thankful for... especially in a season that can cause kids to dwell on "what I want".  So many people ask our kids the question, "what do you want for Christmas?" throughout the month of December; it's nearly unavoidable they will think about it more often than the rest of the year.  We'll see if this helps.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  It's a week past Thanksgiving, but I'd love to hear what you are most thankful for in the comments!

Blessings,
Jamie
Pin It

This post is linked here:  Today's Creative Blog Blue Cricket Design Kurtz Corner Mommy by Day Crafter by Night Cherished Bliss Lines Across My Face Southern Lovely Bear Rabbit Bear French Country Cottage Craft Junkie Too DIY Home Sweet Home Saved by Love Domestically Speaking Funky Junk Interiors Homemaker on a Dime Eisy Morgan The Answer is Chocolate Making the World Cuter Craft-O-Maniac lolly jane 504 Main I Heart Naptime Singing Three Little Birds mad in crafts House of Hepworths Somewhat Simple Chic on a Shoestring Keeping it Simple Be Different Act Normal Sew Can Do Sew Chatty Pinkapotamus The Girl Creative Flamingo Toes Tatertots and Jello Sisters of the Wild West Reasons to Skip the Housework Giggles Glitz and Glam Tip JunkieThe Trendy Treehouse Ladybug Blessings Night Owl Crafting Tea Rose Home My Girlish Whims Allie Makes Gluesticks Thrifty 101 Momnivores Dilemma A Little Knick Knack Miss Mustard Seed Freckled Laundry kojo designs A vision to remember Primitive and Proper 733 Rook no 17 Home Stories A to Z
Naptime Crafters Whipperberry delightful order

11 comments:

  1. i think you already know i love his idea! so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really simple yet powerful idea and so important to teach kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice idea to continue the thankful spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I just found you on Sisters of the Wild West link party. I hope you will follow me back over at www.createdbycori.blogspot.com

    Off to see more of your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet idea. So many times we like to remove links from paper chains, but adding them is a sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good idea! I think the extra focus on thankfulness is fantastic.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea!!! Thanks for sharing this! Would you please share this with our readers for our Fun Stuff Fridays linky party? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. greenpointpl.com
    http://montecristodvd.com/
    8allafricagames.org
    sportrodelnschweiz.ch

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your feedback! Leave a comment and I will write you back (as long as your settings include your email address). Thanks for the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...